This Sunday is the only day until December 23rd that the Weihnachtsmarkt will be closed. One would think that one month would be long enough to take in all aspects of the market, but I would argue otherwise. I have been looking forward to Gluehwein for weeks now, but I was not expecting the assault on my senses of all the beverage options! Here are just a few photos of all the different things I need to try:
|At this stand you can order Gluehwein from grapes or cherries. Apparently one can also make Gluehwein using white wine.|
These four pictures are all from the same stand. You have your choice of:
- White Gluehwein
- Hot chocolate with Bailey's
- Apple-Amaretto Punch
- "Designated Driver" Punch
- a 10-punch card for Gluehwein
- Mon Chery drink, which I assume is similar to the cherry-chocolate candy?
- Dornfelder Gluehwein - I have no idea what makes this Gluehwein different from other types.
- Apple-Cinnamon Punch
- Latte Macchiato
- Honey Gluehwein
|Verpoorten Punch, whatever that is!|
|Yes, there is even Gluehbier! The thought of hot, spiced beer does not really excite me the same way that Gluehwein does. Still, I saw lots of people drinking it!|
Happy Sunday, everyone!